Dr. Shailendra Srivastava IPS(1986), M.Sc., PhD, MCA served the Government of Madhya Pradesh for 34 years with absolute dedication, the highest level of commitment, sincerity, great application of mind coupled with hard work. He has retired from the post of DG/Chairman, MP Police Housing and Infrastructure Development Corporation. He left a lasting imprint wherever he was posted, be it in District, Range, Armed Police, Police Head Quarters or other Departments. Dr. Srivastava has served in various capacities as Superintendent of Police in various districts, Deputy Inspector General, Inspector General in Zones, Additional Director General and Director General.
As Superintendent of Police, Rajnandgaon, he took up the initiative of involving police in National Literacy mission in the name of ‘शस्त्र से शास्त्र तक’. As S.P. Sagar, he prepared “Sagar Model” for prevention of Atrocities on SC and ST. In Bilaspur as Superintendent of Police he pioneered family counselling centres, Yoga Shivirs for criminals, Bal Mitra Thanas (for child offenders), Help lines, Mobile Thanas , Crime Prevention Education Shivirs, e-policing, the Bilaspur Police web site for friendly interface with the public.
As DIG, CID (Vigilance and Administration) PHQ Bhopal, he established a separate Cyber Crime Cell for investigating Computer related crimes, for the first time in Madhya Pradesh. As Additional Secretary to Chief Minister, he was responsible for resolving many top level management matters. As Inspector General of Police in AJK, he did excellent work in prevention of crimes committed against women, ensuring justice to aggrieved Women, monitoring of Family Counselling Centers, standardizing SOPs for preventing Atrocities on members of SC and ST.
As IG Indore, he resolved the crisis of holding Puja and Namaz simultaneously in the disputed archaeological heritage site (Bhojshala at Dhar District) on 3rd Feb 2006 (Friday), on the occasion of Basant Panchami. As IG Bhopal, Bhopal Zone he maintained strict vigil on law & order to ensure communal harmony. During his tenure in the challenging Sports and Youth Welfare Department, he achieved many impressive milestones. He created a winning environment for sports persons, carried out Talent search to identify and provide more and more opportunities to sports persons and youth.
His stint in the Transport department as Commissioner saw great strides, leading to filling of the coffers of the Government with more and more revenue, as never seen before. He always exceeded given targets. With his penchant for innovation, he gave brilliant solutions with IT - not only plugging loopholes and pilferage in revenue collections but also simplifying procedures to provide online services, reducing footfalls in RTOs, leading to ease of doing business.
During his tenure as Chairman of the MP Police Housing and Infrastructure Development Corporation the quality of execution of projects in hand won great appreciation from Government. He is a visionary team leader taking care of his subordinates, providing them with a positive work environment, so that everyone delivers to his best level as an individual as also a vibrant team worker. He has the innate qualities to take a stand when required. He is known for his humanistic approach towards sensitive issues and strict adherence to rules.
He has written various experience and research-based books on a wide array of topics ranging from modern-day Cyber Crimes to the deep-rooted Naxalite issue. He has been an asset wherever he has been posted, with a vast array of recognitions- IPM or PPM or the international acclaim he was decorated with, bear testimony to his accomplishments.
He is intellectually vibrant, always open to new learning, evolving every day. Dr. Shailendra Srivastava is always keen to contribute to a happy, lawful and progressive society.
1. Advanced Crisis Response Training (ACRT) at Louisiana, USA Advanced Crisis Response Training under ATAP(Advanced Terrorist Assistance Program). Department of States, USA. Organised by Louisiana State University and Louisiana State Police Academy.
2. MCTP Phase V: National Police Academy, Hyderabad and London School of Economics, London, UK Appreciation of strategic management in government to cope with future challenges, nuances of public policy, ethics and regulation relevant for policy formulation and implementation.
3. Disaster Management: National Industrial Security Academy, CISF Hyderabad. To deal with major Natural / Manmade disasters
4. VIC On Development of Forensic Science And Forensic Medicines. Training on application of science to criminal and civil laws, mainly—on the criminal side—during criminal investigation, as governed by the legal standards of admissible evidence and criminal procedure at Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science, Shimla.
5. Financial Management Training on Financial Management at Railway Institute, New Delhi, including areas like Financial Planning, Financial Control, Financial Analysis, Financial Decision Making and Project Budget Planning. NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION
1. President’s Police Medal (IPM): for Meritorious Service - 2002
2. President’s Police Medal (PPM): for Distinguished Service - 2012
3. Indira Gandhi Award: for maintaining communal harmony and preventing communal riots, by Govt. of M.P. in 2007 for organizing Pooja and Namaz simultaneously at disputed archaeological site Bhojshala, Dhar M.P.
4. Internal Security Medal : by Govt. of M.P in 2008
5. Ladli Media Award : by UNDP and Population 1st for promotion of Women in Sports in 2014
6. E-Governance Award : from DARPG, GOI for use of ICT tools for Excellence in Sports in 2014
7. Simhanstha Sewa Medal 2017 : By Hon. Chief Minister, M.P.
8. Admiral Kohli Award : by Indian Navy Chief for promotion of Water Sports "Yachting" in 2013.
9. Skoch Platinum Award 2018 for e Governance in Transport
10. Skoch Platinum Award 2019 for Women Centric Transport Services
11. Indian Hockey Team: Manager of Indian Hockey Team for Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey Tournament, Malaysia in 2012
12. Taekwondo: Pre Olympic qualifying rounds participation as Country Head in 2011
13. WTF World Taekwondo Championship : in Pubela, Mexico represented as Country Head in 2013
14. CAPAM : Certificate of Distinction in ICT Tools for Excellence in Transport Services by Common Wealth Association for Public Administration and Management in 2018
15. Chief Co-Ordinating Member: Hockey India, Anti-Corruption Committee in 2013
16. All India Police Equestrian Championship 1999: Gold medal in open Hex and Silver medal in Quad relay.
1. Many Research Papers in National and International Journals
2. CYBER CRIME CID,2002: A complete guide on Cyber Crime.
3. NATIONAL EDUCATION POLICY: National Education Policy - 2020
4. SAGAR MODEL: for Prevention of Atrocities on SC/ST (1996) Sagar Model for Prevention of Atrocities on SC/ST (1996)